Sunday 21 March 2010

Open book


Two-service Sundays are always weird, no time to process what has gone on in your head and your heart before about 10pm, by which time you're utterly drained of all emotion and want to go and weep in a corner for no apparent reason.

Not normally into being so #heartonsleeve but I need to start marking occasions if I'm going to progress, mature and not get stuck in endless spiritual groundhog days.
This is what I wrote down tonight (in my 5 year-old scrawl)

  • I don't want to be lukewarm, I don't want to be proud, I don't want to show off.
  • Refine me Jesus
  • Clothe me in white so that I won't be afraid
  • Give me a proper and full time heart for the lost
  • Give me Your heart!
  • Give me eyes to see your kingdom.
  • Would you really be my hope and stay, would I give you everything?
  • Speak Lord, for your servant is listening
  • SPEAK
  • It's going to have to be built on prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment