Wednesday 22 September 2010

Wise


For the Lord gives wisdom
and from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding
He holds victory in store for the upright
He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless.

For he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Proverbs 2: 6-8


I love the simplicity of the wisdom on offer here. We all face difficult situations where it's a struggle between desire (not necessarily sinful) and 'doing the right thing' in terms of honouring God in my thoughts and my actions, even when nobody would ever find me out.

What does Godly wisdom say?
I need to be upright
I need to be blameless
I need to act justly
I need to be one of His faithful ones

then He will let me share in his Victory
He will protect me, the unshakable shield.

No brainer? Bring on the hard stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment