Thursday 29 July 2010

It's a real team effort out here: Dr Lucas Phd Burkas gives a little insight into what he's up to.

After the initial culture shock and Delhi-belly, I'm starting to love the place and the people. Bandra, the slum where I work, is my favourite. For the past 3 weeks I have been tutoring 3 girls in the morning and 2 girls in the afternoon. It has been amazing to get to know them all, and visiting their homes/meeting their families is an experience I will never forget! Because they are only a few, I have really been able to hear their story and share my life with them. The girls (well, they're 17/18) are all Hindus and Muslims so I simply ask them each day how I can pray for them. We hope to pray for healing over a few of the girls parents who are sick from TB/have suffered from domestic violence. It's a big leap, but when you think that God made everything, it's not really, is it? Please pray for the people we are working amongst!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment